Communication & campaign officer
Eurocadres is recruiting a communication & campaign officer for a full-time, fixed term contract of 10 months.
Eurocadres is the European trade union voice of professionals and managers. The labour market of our members is growing and we are developing. We are now searching for a communication & campaign officer to join our policy team and strengthen our communication and advocacy work with us.
Eurocadres initiated the platform WhistleblowerProtection.EU in 2016. We now have a directive proposal on the table which we will work on improving before adoption by the Council. You will liaise with the platform and provide communication support to the advocacy work done by Eurocadres and the platform members. You will run the platform’s Twitter account, newsletter and website.
The other part of the job is to manage and develop the general communication of Eurocadres including developing campaign strategies. In this field you will manage our social media activities, website and newsletters and will be responsible to prepare communication strategies. You will also monitor news in our policy areas and communicate these in our channels.
- Relevant education and previous work experience in communication, in particular digital communication. Advantageous if this is experience is gained in a European or international position.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent writing skills. You easily put together articles and social media posts which help us tell a story.
- Good sense of design/aesthetics. You want to be part of developing our visual communication, including video.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills. You have a good working proficiency of most software and platforms which you will use:
- WordPress (with BeaverBuilder/PageBuilder)
- Creative Suite
- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & YouTube
- Office 365
- Knowledge about European policy making and the legislative process.
- Additional European languages, in particular French.
- Experience from trade union work. Experience from NGOs and student organisations can also be useful.
- Knowledge about whistleblower protection.
Send an application letter and cv to email@example.com, labelling the message “Application”. Candidates who are selected for interview will be asked to provide contact details of two references which we can contact and work-samples/digital portfolio of texts and visuals.
Last day to apply: 5 July
Starting date of employment: 3 September (tentative).
The position is subject to the condition that we receive the funding we have applied for.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and staff benefits, including for example public transportation card, additional pension, hospitalisation insurance and meal vouchers.