Welcome to the online self-learning tool on whistleblowing
Welcome to Eurocadres' online self-learning tool on whistleblowing. This self-learning tool is part of the Eurocadres project "Whistleblowing in European Workplaces"
The aim of the tool is to allow you to learn about:
- what whistleblowing is and how it is part of an organisation's speak-up culture
- the EU Whistleblowing Directive, national frameworks, a legal assessment by a law professor and the positions of experts from different unions
- ways in which unions can support shop stewards, works council members and professional and managerial staff in establishing good whistleblowing policies and processes in an organisation
- seven experts from five countries accompany your learning in the various modules, sharing their national experience. Examples include setting up and running a "whistleblower house", best practices on establishing good whistleblower policies and processes, and how unions - together with shop stewards and works council members - can sway employers to establish good internal whistleblower channels and an external channel reporting to a regulator
- Eurocadres president Martin Jefflén shows us why this topic matters for unions and managerial and professional staff, and how Eurocadres has engaged with the topic at European level
We would like to thank Protect (formerly Public Concern at Work) for their expert support during the project.
Our thanks also go out to Dr. Nicole Helmerich as e-learning expert for designing, arranging and putting into place this self-learning online tool, and to Simon Schultz as media producer and cultural educator for his technical support in programming the tool and in the video and audio production.
This course is brought to you by